Building Permit Process

What Work Requires a Permit?

A building permit is required before you erect, construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, improve, remove, convert or demolish any building or structure in the City of Moab/Grand County. Click here to see if you need a permit. The lists are not complete; please contact our office if you are wanting to plan other projects.

Additionally, ALL work may only be performed by a Utah State Licensed contractor (including work that does not require a building permit). Contractors soliciting for work and/or working in Grand County must possess an active Utah State contractors license and be in compliance with the Utah Construction Trades Licensing Act Rule (R156-55a). Architects and engineers working on commercial designs must also possess a Utah Professional license. Click here to view a list of Utah State licensed contractors.

Click here to download and complete Building Permit Application