- Your Government
- County Departments
- Building Inspector
WELCOME to the GRAND COUNTY BUILDING DEPARTMENT!
This department performs building-related functions for all of Grand County, including Castle Valley and unincorporated areas.
NEW ONLINE FORM!: Now submit Building Permit Applications online! Follow this link to access the Grand County Portal, select "Building Permit Application" and follow the instructions to fill out the online form!
SOLAR PERMITS: A plan review deposit of $65 is required for all solar permit applications. Payment details will be sent to Applicant/Permittee e-mail address following receipt of an acceptable submittal. Deposits for Grand County permits are payable to "Grand County" via Grand County Clerk's office.
NOTICE!: Effective September 12, 2022, Grand County Building Department no longer performs building related functions for the adjacent portions of San Juan County, contact the San Juan Building department at 435-587-3829.
The Grand County Building Department ensures the county residences and places of business are designed and constructed to standards for safety, quality, and efficiency in accordance with the current adopted building and zoning regulations. Responsibilities include:
- Enforce adopted building codes and standards to protect life and property of those who work, live, or visit Grand County.
- Approve plans and issue permits for all new construction, additions, demolitions, remodeling, fences, retaining walls, pools, etc.
- Conduct scheduled inspections during each phase of construction
- Comply with State of Utah licensing laws for contractors, engineers, and architects
- Conduct business license inspections
- Abatement of dangerous buildings and structures
- Serve as secretary to the Building Board of Appeals
Follow us on social media: