We have moved!
Our new location is 59 N 200 E, accessed off of 100 N across from the Moab Arts & Recreation Center (MARC). Please note that traffic through the parking lot is ONE WAY, you must enter where noted on the map below and exit off of 200 E.
Please remember to call and make an appointment ahead of time, 435-259-4134.
WELCOME to the GRAND COUNTY BUILDING DEPARTMENT!
This department performs building-related functions for all of Grand County, including Castle Valley and unincorporated areas.
SOLAR PERMITS:A plan review deposit of $65 is required for all solar permit applications. Payment details will be sent to Applicant/Permittee e-mail address following receipt of an acceptable submittal. Deposits for Grand County permits are payable to "Grand County" via Grand County Clerk's office.
NOTICE!: Effective September 12, 2022, Grand County Building Department no longer performs building related functions for the adjacent portions of San Juan County, contact the San Juan Building department at 435-587-3829.
The Grand County Building Department ensures the county residences and places of business are designed and constructed to standards for safety, quality, and efficiency in accordance with the current adopted building and zoning regulations. Responsibilities include:
- Enforce adopted building codes and standards to protect life and property of those who work, live, or visit Grand County.
- Approve plans and issue permits for all new construction, additions, demolitions, remodeling, fences, retaining walls, pools, etc.
- Conduct scheduled inspections during each phase of construction
- Comply with State of Utah licensing laws for contractors, engineers, and architects
- Conduct business license inspections
- Abatement of dangerous buildings and structures
- Serve as secretary to the Building Board of Appeals
Owner / Builder Certification Form
Solar Permit Application Forms
Miscellaneous Building Department Forms
HOW TO USE THE CONTRACTOR'S PORTAL Instruction Booklet
125 E Center St
Moab, UT 84532
to submit inquiries and/or electronic permit documents
Monday - Friday
8:00 AM - 12:00 PM; 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Office closed all county holidays