These are GENERAL CRITERIA for the Grand County region. Specific locations or a change in elevation can cause variations in these criteria.
Utah State Construction Code
- 2018 International Building Code (2018 IBC) with Utah State Amendments
- 2015 International Residential Code (2015 IRC) with Utah State Amendments
- 2018 International Plumbing Code (2018 IPC) with Utah State Amendments
- 2018 International Mechanical Code (2018 IMC) with Utah State Amendments
- 2018 International Fuel Gas Code (2018 IFGC) with Utah State Amendments
- 2017 National Electric Code (2017 NEC) with Utah State Amendments
- 2018 International Energy Conservation Code (2018 IECC) with Utah State Amendments
- 2018 International Existing Building Code (2018 IEBC) with Utah State Amendments
- Consistent with Title 65A, Chapter 8, Management of Forest Lands and Fire Control , the Legislature adopts the 2006 edition of the Utah Wildland Urban Interface Code, issued by the International Code Council, with the alternatives or amendments approved by the Utah Division of Forestry, as a construction code that may be adopted by a local compliance agency by local ordinance or other similar action as a local amendment to the codes listed in this section
- ICC A117.1-2009 Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities
- Subject to Subsection 15A-2-104(2), the HUD Code
- Installation and Safety Requirements for Mobile Homes Built Before June 15, 1976
- Subject to Subsection 15A-2-104(1), 2005 NFPA 225 Model Manufactured Home Installation Standard
In accordance with Subsection 15A-1-204(6)(a), and subject to the limitations contained in Subsection 15A-1-204(6)(b), the following codes or standards are hereby incorporated by reference and approved for use and adoption by a compliance agency as the construction standards which may be applied to existing buildings in the regulation of building alteration, remodeling, repair, removal, seismic evaluation, and rehabilitation in the state:
- 1997 edition of the Uniform Code for the Abatement of Dangerous Buildings (UCADB) promulgated by the International Code Council;
- 2018 edition of the International Existing Building Code (IEBC), including its appendix chapters, promulgated by the International Code Council;
- ASCE 31-03, Seismic Evaluation of Existing Buildings, promulgated by the American Society of Civil Engineers;
- ASCE/SEI 41-06, the Seismic Rehabilitation of Existing Buildings, promulgated by the American Society of Civil Engineers, 2007 edition.
Grand County Design Criteria
- Roof Snow Load: 15 pounds at 4,000 feet; Above 4,000 feet add 5 lbs per 1,000 feet in elevation
- Ground Snow Load: 21 pounds at 4,000 feet; Above 4,000 feet add 5 lbs per 1,000 feet in elevation
- Frost Depth: Below 5,000 feet = 20 inches; 5,000 feet and above contact the Building Inspector
- Wind Load: 115 mph exposure C
- Seismic Zone: B
For more information regarding Utah State Construction Code
- Utah State Legislature Title 15A Chapter 2 Part 1 Section 103 Adoption of State Construction Code
- Utah Administrative Rule | R156-15A State Construction Code Administration and Adoption of approved State Construction Code Rule | R156-15A-401 Adoption - Approved Codes
- House Bill 316 Building Code Review and Adoption Amendments H.B. 316
Click here to download sample floor plans that have been approved to use for small houses or accessory dwelling units.
Plans for proposed sanitary dumping stations must be submitted to the Grand County Building Department and the Southeastern Utah District Health Department for review and approval prior to the construction.