About the Travel CouncilIt is the Travel Council’s responsibility to promote and encourage local tourism to help broaden and strengthen the county’s economic base. The Travel Council seeks to accomplish this through promotion and supporting recreation, tourism, and conventions in a manner that protect the beauty and scenery of our natural environment.
The objectives are to expand our market, enhance our image, change perceived weaknesses into strengths, and increase the revenue received through increased visitation.
FunctionsThe day-to-day functions of the office are activities that include, but are not limited to:
- Advertising design work and placement
- Content and media distribution to various media outlets
- Data processing of requests for information
- Distribution of collateral for potential visitors
- Design work for collateral
- Event Advertising Grant Program
- Familiarization Tour planning and execution
- Management of Travel Council Leads Program
- Promotion of event venues and possibilities
- Social media
- Trade show attendance
- Visitor Information 800-line telephone calls
- Website development and design (discovermoab.com)
- Other specialty projects as time allows
Free Marketing Opportunities for Local Businesses
Get A Free Business Listing
Certain tourism related businesses in Grand County (Lodging Properties, Property Management Companies, Campgrounds, Guides & Outfitters, Transportation, Rentals & Restaurants) may be entitled to a free business listing on discovermoab.com and more. Be part of:
- 50,000 Travel Guides distributed annually
- 300,000+ Web Linksto local businesses annually
- 3,000,000+ Visitors to discovermoab.com annually
To participate, visit: discovermoab.com/listing
Get A Free Partner Pixel
Consumers research 40+ websites when planning their trip. In order to track the entire impact of The Travel Council’s digital campaign efforts, they are asking local businesses, who are interested, to add a “Partner Pixel” (tiny snippet of code) to their website. You can help the Travel Council adjust their marketing to maximize visitors to your website! Please note that this pixel does not track any propriety data. It only lets the Travel Council know that their marketing is resulting in visits to your website.
To participate, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Get Featured on DoItLikeAMoabLocal.com
“Do It Like A Moab Local” is a new sustainable tourism effort for Moab that is the direct result of Moab locals’ desire to convey that Moab isn’t just a tourist destination, it’s our home. Help educate visitors on proper behavior, etiquette, and stewardship of the environment while they’re here – staying on trails, obeying speed limits through town, properly preparing for their trips or hikes in the desert, proper disposal of human waste, and much more. Being part of the “Do It Like A Moab Local” effort is another great free way to promote your business.
To participate, visit: doitlikeamoablocal.com/your-tips