ResponsibilitiesCivil services for Grand County include, but are not limited to:
- Completing court-ordered sale of real and personal property
- Executing court-ordered evictions
- Providing deputy civil assists
- Providing service of civil process (serving court papers)
Submitting Documents for Service of ProcessPapers can be submitted for service of process either via postal mail or in person at the Civil Unit Office. All service of process requires payment in advance. For payments made in the office, we can accept cash, check or money order.
Papers submitted by mail should include a check or money order for the service fee made out to Grand County Sheriff’s Office.
Please also complete as much information as possible on this Information Sheet (PDF) and include it with papers submitted by mail.
Fees for Service
The following types of papers are $20 per service for civil or criminal cases, plus mileage ($2.50 per mile):
Call Eve Brannan at 435-259-8115 or email at email@example.com to get mileage fee.
- Letters (Must not be sealed)
- Small Claims
- Subpoena / Subpoena Duces Tecum
- Summons and Complaint / Summons and Petition
- Supplemental Order / Motion
- Temporary Restraining Order / Protective Orders
- Trustee Sale Posting ($5 per posting)
Follow us on social media: