Rules & Regulations
Camping Rules, Regulations and Other Information
- Camp only in a designated site. 10 people, 2 vehicles maximum per site
- Park motorized vehicles in designated parking area
- Tents must be on tent pad or within rock lined area and no more than 30' from metal fire ring.
- Build fires in metal fire ring only. Gathering or cutting of firewood is prohibited. No wood pallets. Do not put rocks or trash in the fire ring. Fires must be cold to the touch when you leave camp. Use water to put your fire out, not sand.
- Use toilet facilities
- Quiet Hours: 10 p.m. to 8 a.m. No generator use from 8 pm to 8 am
- For after hour noise disturbance, call Grand County Sheriff’at 435-259-8115
- Dogs must be attended and kept under restraint. Please clean up after your pet.
- No discharging of firearms or fireworks
- Campsite checkout time is 11 a.m.
- Camping is limited to 14 days within a 30 day period
- A trash dumpster is located at the Slickrock Bike trail parking lot.
- Operation of motorized vehicle or mountain bike off designated roads and trails is a class A misdemeanor punishable by fine, imprisonment and/or forfeiture of vehicle. There are no open play areas, campground included.
- The Fins and Things 4x4 trail section that lies south of the Sand Flats road is open for Day Use Only and restricted one half hour before sunset until one half hour after sunrise.
- Maximum speed on 4x4 trails is 15 MPH.
- Drive or Ride Safe and Sober
- To report off road travel or vandalism call Grand County Sheriff at 435-259-8115
- Emergencies call 911
- Dumping: None
- Water: None
Place tents in areas provided. Use tent pads or put tents within rock-lined areas or no more than 30 feet from metal fire ring. Use provided trails to go between campsites rather than walking through fragile soils and vegetation.
Bring in your own firewood, no wood pallets. Wood collecting is not permitted. Campfires must be in metal fire rings. Do not put rocks, sand or trash in fire rings. Please use water, not sand, to extinguish fires.
Pack out all trash. Even the smallest trash will leave the campsite visually unappealing for the next group and maybe for you the next time. There is a trash dumpster and recycling located at the Slickrock Bike Trail parking lot. Recyclables can also be taken to the Moab Recycling Center conveniently located on the Sand Flats Road at the bottom of the hill.
Use toilets provided. Because of lack of rainfall, urine can cause a very unpleasant and lasting odor in your campsite. Do not put trash in toilets. Removing trash is expensive. Use roads and trails for foot access to toilets.
Quiet hours are from 10 p.m. to 8 a.m. No generator use from 8 p.m. to 8 a.m.Most campers are seeking a quiet night under the stars and not the noise they left behind in the city. Noise carries in the dry desert air. Keep stereos turned down to a reasonable level. Avoid shouting.
The campground loop roads are not training or testing grounds for ATV's and dirt bikes. Please limit the use of motorized vehicles. The Fins and Things 4x4 trail section that lies south of the Sand Flats road is open for Day Use Only and restricted one half hour before sunset until one half hour after sunrise.
When washing dishes it’s a good idea to have a strainer available. Food particles will be easier to retain so they can be packed out. Strained dishwater should be dispersed around camp. Please don’t dig holes for dishwater. Unwanted critters (scorpions, red ants, ravens and mice) can be minimized if food is completely packed out.
Hanging food and garbage in a tree is not a good idea because although ground-dwelling creatures can’t reach it, ravens can! Ravens can and will scatter your garbage, trash your site and eat your food if you’re not careful. Leaving food in a tent is a bad idea unless you like holes in your tent. Food and garbage should be left in your vehicle or in a sealed cooler.