Marriage Licenses

How to apply

applicants must appear at the County Clerk/Auditor's Office between the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. and pay a non-refundable license fee of $50.  A current picture ID with proof of age (date of birth) is required for both parties.  In order to complete the application, the date of the ceremony and the officiant's name must be provided.  The officiant is not required to appear in the Clerk's Office.

Where to apply


Grand County Clerk/Auditor

125 E. Center St.

Moab, UT 84532


Between the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

You may download and print the application here, but DO NOT SIGN the application until you arrive at the Clerk/Auditor's Office.


General Information


  • A marriage license issued in Grand County is valid throughout the State of Utah.
  • The person solemnizing the marriage must sign, date, and return the license to the Grand County Clerk/Auditor's Office within 30 days of your marriage.
  • The non-refundable $50 fee includes one certified copy of your license.  Additional copies may be obtained upon request.
  • Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.  Minors age 15-17 may obtain a license for marriage with additional consent requirements.

Who May Perform Marriages

Grand County requires that the name of the officiant be provided at the time of application.  For a list of persons authorized to solemnize marriages, please click HERE.

Name Change After Marriage

You will need to show a certified copy of your marriage license when you apply for a name change with the Social Security Administration and Driver License Division. Other documents may be required. Contact the agency for more information.

Requesting a Copy of Your Marriage License

Certified and uncertified copies of your marriage license are available upon request in-person, by mail and by phone.


If you have additional questions regarding the application for a marriage license, please call (435) 259-1321 or come to the Grand County Clerk/Auditor's Office.