Library Comic Con
Saturday, May 5, 2018 - 10AM to 4PM
*Regular library services will be suspended during Comic Con and will resume on Monday, May 8*
ShadowFall Workshop is run by two Colorado based cosplayers that have been making costumes and props for 9 years. They mainly make cosplay from videogames, and currently specialize in sculpting and molding and casting. At the Moab Library Comic Con, they will give a talk discussing beginner and advanced costume and prop making materials and techniques. Get tips on making your next cosplay!
Comic Talk616 podcast talks about comic news, hosts nerdy discussions, and delivers all the nerdy banter you can stomach! They cover all the latest related to comics, movies, and fandom. During their talk, Comic Talk616 will discuss podcasting and how anyone with a story to share can get started with a podcast of their own.
Western Slope Ghostbusters make props and costumes to show their support and love for all things Ghostbuster. They have appeared at multiple comic con events around the west. Come check 'em out!!!
Star Wars Alpine Garrison 501st Legion is an all-volunteer organization formed to bring together costume enthusiasts under a collective identity. The 501st Legion is a worldwide Star Wars costuming organization comprised of and operated by Star Wars fans. The Legion promotes interest in Star Wars through the building and wearing of quality costumes for Star Wars-related activities as well as for community events.
We encourage you to dress as your favorite comic book, anime, manga, fantasy, or sci-fi character. Come and show off your talent and alter ego for a chance to win fabulous prizes and attention!
***The Costume Contest is an ALL AGES event. Any costumes that are overly gory, revealing, or deemed inappropriate or offensive by staff will be asked to leave or change.
|Children|| 0-12 years old
|Teens||13-17 years old
|| 18 and older
- Quality: Is the costume well made? Attention to detail and accessories.
- Creativity: Did the entrant make their own costume? Was the costume resourceful or clever in design?
- Presentation and audience involvement: Was the entrant in character? How well did entrant interact with the audience?
- All costume props and weapons are subject to the approval of library staff.
- Real firearms are prohibited.
- Real knives, blades, and swords are prohibited.
- Projectile weapons such as water guns, Nerf guns, and bubble blowers are prohibited.
- Realistic looking firearms and realistic bladed weapons must be approved by a library staff member and are not to be drawn or pointed at anyone ever. Horseplay and aggressive behavior will not be tolerated.
- We highly encourage orange caps on all costume related firearms.
Complete an entry form in the library and submit one piece of art. Works must be durable and suitable for hanging in the public library setting. Attach a label to the back of your art piece stating artist's name, address, telephone number, and title of the piece.
All artwork must:
1. Be completely original in design and conception
2. Be consistent with comic book art, sci-fi, or fantasy art theme.
3. Be ready for display (two dimensional works should be framed, mounted, or matted.
Works will be accepted between 9am and 7pm Monday, April 9 through Monday, April 23.
Artwork my be rejected if not in keeping with the spirit of the show. Selected works will be on display from April 27 - May 5, 2018. Artists will need to retrieve their work no later than 7pm on Friday, May 11.
Artwork will be handled with utmost care. However, neither the Grand County Public Library nor any agent will be responsible for damage or loss to any work of art submitted.
Prizes will be awarded in three age groups: K - 5th grade, 6th - 8th grade, and 9th - 12th grade.
Questions about the art contest? Please contact Jessie at the Grand County Public Library: 435-259-1111 or email@example.com
Local Artists & Authors
Comic Enthusiasts and Vendors
Cosplay Hair Styling
Make Your Own Mask
TARDIS dance party
And so much more!!!!!
257 E. Center St.
Moab, UT 84532
Monday - Friday
9 a.m. - 8 p.m.
9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Sunday & Legal Holidays
Castle Valley Branch
Castle Valley Community Center
2 Castle Valley Drive
Castle Valley, UT 84532
9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Noon - 4 p.m.
1 p.m. - 5 p.m.