2020 General Election
2020 GENERAL ELECTION- 11/3/2020
***In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, there are some changes for the 2020 Regular General Election, Grand County will be conducting the election primarily BY-MAIL. Please abide by the following deadlines to receive your ballot in the mail**
IMPORTANT DATES for 2020 GENERAL ELECTION
- October 13th: Ballots will be mailed to all active/ eligible registered voters (should arrive in your mailbox around 10/20/2020)
-October 20th: Voters who have not received a ballot should verify/update their voter registration or contact the Grand County Clerk's Office at 435-259-1321 as soon as possible. This will allow time to correct any issues and mail you a new ballot.
-October 23rd: Last day to register to vote. Registrations must be received in the elections office by 5:00 pm.
-October 28th, 29th, 30th and Nov 2nd: Early Voting/ In Voting period. Early/ In Person Voting Period will be open at the Grand County Clerk's Office from 9:00 am- 4:00 pm. Also beginning 10/28, registration by provisional ballot will be available.
-November 2nd: By Mail postmark deadline, if in doubt there will be an outside ballot dropbox, located in the front lawn of the Grand County Courthouse, from 9:00 am- 4:30 pm (weather permitting.)
November 3rd: ELECTION DAY, The Grand County Clerk's Office will be open from 7:00 am - 8:00 pm for ballot drop off, in person voting and if you are not registered, registration by a provisional ballot.
How to Vote:
By mail: Postmarked no later than November 2nd
- Place your ballot in the mail, no need for a stamp!
Drop Box: Located at the Grand County Courthouse
- Beginning 10/19-10/30 the Ballot drop box will be located in the West Entrance of the Courthouse, by the Grand County Clerk's Office.
- 11/2 the ballot drop box will be located on the front lawn of the Grand County Courthouse from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm (Weather Permitting, in case of inclement weather the ballot box will be moved inside)
-11/3 Election Day- The ballot drop box will be located on the front lawn of the Grand County Courthouse from 7:00 am to 8:00 pm. (Weather Permitting, in case of inclement weather the ballot box will be moved inside)
Early/ In Person Voting:
- If you receive a by mail ballot there is no additional benefit to coming in person. Be prepared to wait in line and wear a mask while in the Grand County Courthouse. Early/ In- Person Voting period is 10/28-11/2 from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, and Election Day 11/3 from 7:00 am to 8:00 pm.
To help minimize possible disruptions including our Poll Workers and your exposure to COVID, please reserve in person voting for those who did not receive a ballot in the mail.