February 15, 2023
CANCELLED: USGS Stream Gages: How they Work and How to Get the Data
Wednesday, February 15, 2023
This event has been cancelled. Stay tuned for a possible reschedule.
with Chris Wilkowske, Hydrologist, USGS, Utah Water Science Center
The presentation will last approximately one hour with time for questions and will focus on the following topics:
- An introduction to the USGS National Streamgaging Network.
- A summary of how a gage measures the river stage and computes flow in cubic feet per second.
- How to access real-time streamflow information using the National Water Dashboard.
- How to subscribe to Water-alerts. Water-alerts will send an email or text message to the user based on an input threshold.
- An overview of Moab area gages and the peaks that were measured during summer 2022.
Grand County Public Library | 257 E. Center St. | for more info call the library @ 435-259-1111
Follow us on social media: