Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
View All Calendars is the default. Choose Select a Calendar to view a specific calendar. Subscribe to calendar notifications by clicking on the Notify Me button, and you will automatically be alerted about the latest events in our community.
When entering Sand Flats Rec Area tell the attendant at the pay booth that you are volunteering with Grand County Trails on the Hawks Glide Trail and they will wave you in free of charge.
Trail maintenance requires levels of hiking, lifting heavy objects like rocks and logs, and using various tools. Volunteers should provide their own personal protective equipment (PPE) and practice safe working habits to insure the safety of all the workers on site.
Here are some items we recommend having for your personal safety and comfort when participating in a day of trail maintenance:
1. Sturdy hiking shoes or boots.
2. Work gloves.
3. Pants offering protection from scrapes, insects, and sunburn.
4. Long-sleeve shirt, for the same reason as having pants.
5. Plenty of drinking water: at least three liters is recommended if you plan on being out all day.
6. Sunscreen and hat for sun protection.
7. Eye protection or sunglasses.
8. Food and snacks to get you through the day.
9. Rain gear.
Follow us on social media: