Trail Mix Committee
- 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Second Tuesday of every month
- The Grand Center
182 N. 500 W.
Moab, UT 84532
NW corner conference room
|Staff: Planning & Zoning Director
||Climbing & Canyoneering Representative
||Trail Running Representative
|Kim Schappert||Moab Trails Alliance
||County Commission Representative
|Katie Stevens||Bureau of Land Management (BLM)|
|Brian Murdock||Forest Service|
|National Park Service|
|Brian Torgerson||School and Institutional Trust Lands Administration (SITLA)|
|Tim Smith||State Parks
|Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT)|
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Sign up to receive Agenda Notifications, or View Trail Mix Agendas and Minutes here.
We are a Grand County, Utah committee whose meetings and membership are open to the public. Trail Mix develops and maintains trails in Grand County for non-motorized use.
The Trail Mix Committee works with the BLM, FS, SITLA, and other agencies thru the EA process to propose, then create many of the trails around Moab. Our participation in planning and volunteer trail work, have been instrumental in the development and maintenance of these and many other trails:
- Magnificent 7, 7-Up,Getaway and other mountain bike trails in the Gemini Bridges area. Mostly intermediate skill levels.
- Gold Bar Rim to Portal or Poison Spider - Mt. Bike - Advanced riders only.
- Horsethief Trail System off of SR 313- Intermediate skills
- Pipe Dream Trail - Mt. Bike trail close to Moab - Somewhat technical.
- The Klondike Bluff Area Mountain Bike Trail System = 56 miles of trails.
- Moab Brands Mt. Bike Trail System 8 miles north of Moab. All skill level of trails.
- Klonzo Trail System off of Willow Springs Road. Beginners and Intermediate trails.
- Navajo Rocks Mountain Bike Trail System - Intermediate skills (SR 313)
- Amasa Back Mt. Bike trails incl. Captain Ahab, Hymasa, Rockstacker, Jackson /all Advanced riding skills required.
- Moonlight Meadows Trail - La Sal Mts.
- The Whole Enchilada Trail System, incl. UPS, LPS, Porcupine Rim, etc.-Advanced skilled rider only, with lots of endurance for this Epic Ride.
- Dead Horse Point State Park Mt. Bike Trails.
- Colorado River-Moab Canyon bike/pedestrian paved path
- Richardson Amphitheater Hiking Trail - River Road SR 128 (Hittle Bottom area)
- Sylvester Hiking Trail - Professor Valley Road off of SR 128
- Longbow Arch Hiking Trail - at Poison Spider parking lot - Hwy 279
- Poison Spider Bench Hiking Trail - Hwy 279
- Stairmaster Hiking Trail - adjacent to Moab Rim 4x4 road. Kane Creek Rd.
- Equestrian Trail Head created at Ida Gulch (SR 128)
- Equestrian Trail Head created at Professor Creek/CFi (SR 128
- Ken's Lake Red Rock Trail - Equestrians